Copyright

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Software

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ravivaar-nama

615 Am, it is still dark outside and I am on my feet walking towards Sikandarpur. I plan to take the metro to Rajiv Chowk and visit the Asia's largest Phool Mandi. I hop into the metro and look for a place to sit and catch few winks. Surprisingly, Life has started quite early here in-spite of it being a Sunday.

I reach CP to find my friend waiting outside the metro station, all geared up with her Hi-tech dSLR and fundoo lenses. We are all set for a colorful photography tour at the Phool Mandi. After walking for a while aimlessly and with a slight feeling of not making it in time, she asks the flower vendor at cp for the exact location. The guy says : Are phool mandi toh kab ka chala gaya yahan se, saath - aath mahina ho gaya..:D.. The market had shifted to some place in Noida 7-8 months back. Noida seem to me like other side of the world. Disappointed we stood there for some time and then planned to go to Bangla Sahib Gurudwara.

Bangla Sahib Gurudwara- what a beautiful place, lively yet serene, conspicuous yet pleasant. We washed our hands and feet and went inside. It was equally beautiful inside with golden ceiling and artistic chandelier. A soulful voice hummed verses from the Granth Sahib. We managed to take few clicks outside the Gurudwara before getting lined up for the food offered at Gurudwara and guess what it was free. I mean , i was not able to believe free food being offered. The food was great probably the taste came from the hands who offer their service to humanity without any selfish cause- magnificent yet magnanimous.

I have visited the most famous and richest religious places but nowhere I have seen free food being offered to the needy. I have been to these riches temples where we have to shell out money even to buy "prasad". 

My friend and I departed at Rajiv Chowk. I headed to my fav place " The Lodhi Garden" . Lodhi was little disappointing today , was not able to spot many birds as what usually seen this time of the year , except for few - jogging and breathing heavily.

Tired and hungry I headed back to my home. The mood today is for Biryani and an old movie. 

Dil khulta hai wahan sohbatein rindana jahan ho, 
Main khush hun us shahar se maikhana jahan ho. 

Here are few pics that i clicked today:


No comments: